Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A new endeavor

I've recently decided to leave my full-time job at S&P Capital IQ to focus on doing Scala and FP consulting. Though I'll miss working with the amazing team at CIQ, I'm excited about what's to come.

I'll be available for consulting work as early as mid-July. If your company is interested in getting help leveraging Scala and functional programming, please contact me about working together. Also if you're reading this and know of someone who might be interested in working with me, please let me know! Here's a broad summary of services I plan on offering:
  • Scala programming for hire, with an eye toward writing compositional, testable, and performant code.
  • Help with functional design and implementation, at all levels, including system architecture, library design, and DSL design. I've been doing these things professionally for 5+ years.
  • Scala and FP training and support, also support for Scalaz.
  • Advice and help with growing Scala capacity on your team. At Capital IQ I introduced Scala and functional programming to the organization and helped grow and train an amazing team of developers successfully applying FP to a variety of problems within the company.
I have an up to date resume here and I'm also on LinkedIn.

3 comments:

vinceter1 said...

Congrats on your new venture. I will gladly let you know of any Scala contracts that I come across. Send me your contact info so we can connect.

Jean-Claude said...

Wish you to find great missions

Paul Chiusano said...

@vinceter1 - Just click the 'contact me' link in the post above to get my email address. :)